Division and SBO Key Characteristics
A spreadsheet of Division Key Characteristics has been provided on the PHCRIS website since 2002-03, and has been updated with information collected as part of the 2010-11 Annual Survey of Divisions (ASD).
The spreadsheet contains a quick snapshot showing Division/SBO:
- Indigenous population
- Population aged over 65 years
- Number of General Practices (and number of solo practices)
- Estimated number of practising GPs (and female GPs)
- Number of fulltime workload equivalent (FWE) GPs
- Ratio of GP numbers to population
- Ratio of FWE GP to population
- Eligibility for More Allied Health Care (MAHS) funding*
For a quick way to identify which Divisions of General Practice have similar characteristics see the Division Benchmarking Tool
Note that number of general practices and GPs are collected from Divisions as part of the ASD. Other data sources and additional information are included in the footnotes within the spreadsheets.
*Funding for this specific MAHS program changed at the end of 2009, and now forms part of the Rural Primary Health Services (RPHS) program. Go to www.health.gov.au for more information.