|Our website has a number of products and services to help researchers with funding, conducting research and evaluation, collaborating, and disseminating.|
Let us introduce ourselves
By ordering a PHCRIS orientation pack you will be introduced to PHCRIS products, services and staff. These packs have been designed to give you a clear understanding of the products, services and resources that we provide. Order yourself a FREE orientation pack today.
Access Australian PHC research and find others in your field of research
Established in 2003 the Roadmap Of Australian primary health care Research (ROAR) 'maps' on-line research for researchers, policy advisors, funding bodies and practitioners. It contains;
Keep up-to-date with new Australian primary health care research
PHCRIS offer a range of services to keep you up to date with General Practice and Primary Health Care Research. Here are a few we believe you will find useful.
- PHCRIS eBulletin - a weekly email information service that delivers primary health care news straight to your inbox. Informing you of recently published journal articles and reports, upcoming conferences, media releases, research grants, and websites to watch.
- PHC Search Filter - an efficient search strategy giving you easy access to the primary health care literature you need.
- RESEARCH ROUNDup - an abbreviated review of major citation databases and freely available literature and describes research relevant to key Australian Government health policy directions as defined by the Department of Health and Ageing.
- PHCRIS infonet - a bi-monthly newsletter delivered to your inbox designed to inform, influence and enhance primary health care practice, policy and research.
- Policy Issue Review - examining topical policy-relevant issues in primary health care by synthesising recent research relevant to key directions in Australian health policy.
Meet, network and share
We convene the annual PHC Research Conference - a major event in Australian general practice and primary health care research, to present research findings, discuss research methodology and policy issues, and build and maintain essential networks between researchers, practitioners, policy makers and representatives of consumer organisations.
Use our Events diary to view dates, locations and other details for conferences and events relevant to Australian primary health care both nationally and internationally.
Introduction to primary health care and building capacity in knowledge exchange
Easily discover a new topic or learn a new skill with our Getting Started Guides. Suitable for anyone in primary health care looking for an introduction to key primary health care topics or to expand their knowledge. These Guides present information in a simple, concise format and provide a gateway to reliable resources on-line.
PHCRIS maintains a list of acronyms for Australian general practice and primary health care. This ever-expanding list currently comprises over 1 200 acronyms.
Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development (PHCRED) Strategy
The PHCRED Strategy is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing to foster research capacity building in Australian general practice and primary health care. The Strategy supports a number of elements that provide support to the general practice and primary health care research community, with the aim of both developing research capacity and the fields of knowledge that support the evidence base for general practice and primary health care health services.
As one of the major components of the PHCRED Strategy, PHCRIS provides support in the area of dissemination and knowledge-exchange through a number of our products. See the PHCRIS support pages for more details.
Can't find what you need on our website?
- About us
- Get started
- Knowledge exchange
- PHC Search Filter
- PHC Research Conference
- Research activities
- Resources and Publications